Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Will Make Your Burdens Light

I will Make Your Burdens Light
Angels are described in the bible as 18 foot tall creatures with 6 wings and two heads, or as wingless men. Supposedly an angel is neither male or female, and they usually present themselves to us in a form that is comforting and non threatening.   My Angels come to me in the form of paintings.  Sometimes they are a painting that resides in my mind for several days, and sometimes they just present themselves to me as I am painting.  This angel came to me today as I was painting at my mother's house, and she came to help make our burdens light.  This is a painting of an African Angel, and as you can see, she is carrying a pot on her head.  This pot is supposed to be holding our burdens.  She is covering her mouth to show us that as she is carrying our load, she will not disclose our burdens to others.  She was created to bring comfort to those of us who are troubled, whether it be over something big or small.  Whatever it is that is troubling us, she will carry it away with her in her little pot, so that we can let it go, and set ourselves free.

No comments:

Post a Comment