Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Little Bluebird Told Me You Were My Soul Mate

For starters, this was not the painting that I intended to paint today, but none the less, it is what I created.  I sat down with the intent to paint "Going to Hell in a Hand Basket,"  which will come at a later date.  That painting still resides in my head, however, it will have to materialize at a later date.   To be honest, this is not my favorite, but I like the idea behind it, and I LOVE the colors.  This painting is supposed to represent "true love" or "soul mates," and how imperfect true love really is.  The blue birds in the picture are a reminder to us that we are born into happiness and fulfillment, but we sometimes get so lost and wrapped up in the everyday events of our lives that our happiness and fulfillment seem rare.  The bluebird reminds us to take time and enjoy ourselves, or in this case each other.  If you get a chance, read a little about the symbolism of the blue bird here.

A Bluebird Told Me You Were My Soul Mate

No comments:

Post a Comment