Friday, December 23, 2011

Sarah Mae Westie: I will keep you safe in my heart.

My mom and step dad lost their dog Sarah to Lymphoma, so I painted this for them so that they can imagine what Sarah's heavenly companion might be like.  I never know what any of my angels are going to look like until I am done.  I may know how they will be sitting, or perhaps what color dress I may paint on her, but she doesn't take shape until I start painting her.  In the case of the "Hell" Angels (Through Hell or High Water, I will be there for you."  I didn't even know it was going to be painted in hell or that I was even going to paint myself in the picture.  I just wanted to paint the Angel version of my daughter. It is fun to make up as I go.  In this case, I knew that my Angel was going to be sitting, and that Sarah was going to be propped up on her legs.  Rest in Peace Sweet Sarah!  Say "Hello" to my Pippin and Quigley.

Sarah Mae Westie: I will keep you safe in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment