Sunday, April 15, 2012

3 Paintings

Cardinal Love II
This was a "redo" of a painting that I have done before.  It is a little different in that the branches are a bit more folksy, and I used squiggles in the back rather that dots.  They are both cute in their own way.  This one will be auctioned at the Vine art auction.

Evidence of Faith (Hebrews 11:1)
My cousin's wife was recently confirmed Catholic.  This was a painting done as a gift to her.  It depicts my interpretation of Hebrews 11:1. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  I could go on and on about this verse.  I spent years struggling with Faith myself.  Not necessarily faith in God, but faith in the outcome of my situations.  The evidence of faith is seen in this picture, as the angel with eyes closed, mocks the wings of the butterfly she is holding.

Hell in a Hand Basket
Another painting done for the Vine.  I had been wanting to paint hell in a hand basket, and here it is!!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that a business is using your original artwork (https://www.rezclick.com/kasgallery/index.php?page=calendar)... You may want to contact them to remove your original artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for noticing! I have emailed them.

    ReplyDelete